Career Services and Support
Career Preparation Programmes
The SDO will arrange the following workshops for students to better prepare them for their job hunt, for example:
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Writing
- A Resume is a record of your skills, experience and achievements to show to employers in the first stage of the job-hunting process. In the workshop, you will learn how to develop a targeted resume for specific positions and organisations and build the foundational sections of an effective resume. The workshop will also cover how to create a successful LinkedIn Profile that will facilitate your online job search.
- Effective Interviewing Skills
- An interview can be a challenging process. This is a chance to present yourself in the best light to your future employers, so preparation is essential before attending interviews. In the workshop, the basics of interview skills will be introduced, and students will have the chance to practice in a mock group interview session. Professional trainers will provide feedback afterwards.
- Networking and Business Etiquette
- Showing proper business etiquette is important when you land your placement or your first graduate job, enabling you to give a good impression to your colleagues and your business partners in business and social settings. The workshop will provide you with some practical tips, demonstrating correct manners and etiquette, as well as how to present a professional image on various business occasions.
Graduate and Internship Opportunities
Incoming graduate job/internship opportunities received from the government and employers have been posted on the Integrated Learning Platform for students' interests.
- The SDO receives information about job openings and internships from potential employers. Related information is placed on THEi's Integrated Learning Platform which is accessible within the VTC network. Students outside campus can install a VPN for visiting the webpage. Please click here for the installation details.
Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme (PSSIP) offered by the HKSAR Government
The PSSIP provides internship placement opportunities for students who are permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and enrolled in full-time accredited post-secondary programmes offered by post-secondary institutions in or outside Hong Kong.
The SDO will post details of the internship placement opportunities from various bureaux/departments of the HKSAR Government on the THEi Integrated Learning Platform at https://learning.thei.edu.hk. The application period is usually from March to June every year.
Career fairs and recruitment talks
Career Fairs provide students with an opportunity to connect with prospective employers and industry professionals. While students can gain industry insights and information about the latest job market trends, employers can identify talent among students of different programmes for their companies.
Click on the links below for information about Career Fairs jointly organised through collaboration with faculties and programme teams:
- THEi Virtual Career Fair 2023
- THEi Virtual Career Fair 2022
- THEi Virtual Career Fair 2021
- FST Career Fair 2019
- FMH Career Fair 2018
|Recruitment Talks||Career Fairs|
Support for Employers
Job Posting in THEi
Employers are welcome to advertise job vacancies (graduate opportunities, internships and part-time jobs) for THEi students via the online form below.
Collaboration on Recruitment Activities
Employers who would like to organise any on-campus recruitment activities, such as recruitment talks or career fairs, can contact the SDO for discussions.
Student Development Office
TEL 3890 8133/ 2176 1400