HKSAR Government Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship Scheme
Students of THEi are eligible to apply for scholarships under the HKSAR Government Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship Scheme (SPSS). The Scheme aims to reward students pursuing full-time locally-accredited self-financing post-secondary programmes who have remarkable academic and non-academic achievements.
There are five types of scholarships established under the Scheme, namely:
- Outstanding Performance Scholarship
- Outstanding Performance Scholarship aims to award outstanding students in recognition of their academic performance, leadership, contribution and commitment to the institution or community. In 2022/23, 37 THEi students were awarded the scholarship, which worths HK$40,000 for local students and HK$80,000 for non-local students.
- Best Progress Award
- Best Progress Award aims to encourage and recognise students with significant progress and improvement in their studies. In 2022/23, 17 THEi students were awarded this scholarship, which worths HK$10,000.
- Talent Development Scholarship
- Talent Development Scholarship aims to give recognition to students who have demonstrated achievements or talent in non-academic areas and provide support for these students to further develop their talent and potential. Talented areas include i) sports and games ii) music and performing arts iii) culture, arts and design iv) innovation, science and technology, and v) science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). In 2022/23, 57 THEi students were awarded the scholarship, that worths HK$10,000.
- Reaching Out Award
- Reaching Out Award aims to support meritorious students to participate in learning, internship or service programmes, as well as national, regional and international events and competitions conducted outside Hong Kong and organised or endorsed by institutions. In 2022/23, 35 THEi students were awarded the scholarship, which worths HK$10,000.
- Endeavour Scholarship
- Endeavour Scholarship aims to give recognition to deserving students with Special Educational Needs* (SEN) in the pursuit of excellence in academic and other areas. In 2022/23, 23 THEi students were awarded the scholarship, which worths HK$15,000.
* SEN includes specific learning difficulties, intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder, physical disability, visual impairment, hearing impairment, speech and language impairment, and others.
You are welcome to contact us for further information about the scholarships and application details:
|Student Development Office|
|TEL||3890 8133 / 2176 1400|