Master of Arts Landscape Architecture
This MALA programme is offered by UoG and delivered in THEi in Hong Kong. The programme is the oldest continuously-offered accredited landscape architecture programme in the UK. The well-established programme structure and curriculum provide a strong link between design and industry, as well as developing and refining vital skills and experience needed to establish a long-term career in the profession of landscape architecture.
Why study landscape architecture with UoG?
According to the Times Good University Guide 2021, UoG's Landscape Architecture and Town and Country Planning courses ranks the 4th in the UK for graduate prospects.
Applications are now open for the cohort starting September 2024. The first round of application will be closed by 15 March 2024.
Graduates from this programme can go on to work in:
- national parks and city layouts
- world heritage sites
- school playground design
- landscape architect in private practice or in public and charity sectors
- landscape planning
- project management
- garden design
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualifications to which this programme may lead.
This programme is the longest-running landscape architecture programme in the UK. It is fully accredited by the Royal Charted Landscape Institute (LI) and recognized by the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) (and consequently the HKILA).
- Undergraduate degree in landscape architecture or nearest cognate discipline (2:2) classification;
- A portfolio of creative works and work experience;
- IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band or equivalent (e.g. Level 4 in HKDSE English Language);
- Applicants whose previous education qualification(s) (within the past 2 years) has been taught and assessed in English would be considered as meeting the English language proficiency requirement
- Applicants will be invited to attend an admission interview.
Tuition Fee and Caution Money
The tuition fee for 2024 cohort is HK$145,730 (2 instalments). The caution money is HK$400 which will be refunded upon completion of the entire course.
For enquiry, please contact Department of Design and Architecture (telephone no.: 3890 8323, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)