Bachelor of Science (Honours) Nutrition and Healthcare Management
With effect from 2021/22 academic year, this new programme title will be used. The programme title before 2021/22 academic year was "Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care ".
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Nutrition and Healthcare Management
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules would be conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
- Simulated Ward
- Dispensing Training Centre
- Health Science Laboratory
- Rehabilitation Centre
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nutrition and Healthcare Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 20/000723/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2021 to 31/08/2023
The programme aims to train a new breed of healthcare administrators and nutritionists for the rapidly expanding healthcare industry. In order to match a shift of emphasis of the present healthcare system from treatment-oriented to prevention-focused in Hong Kong, the programme curriculum covers a wide range of health related areas, including nutrition, health science and healthcare administration & management, etc. Internship opportunities in healthcare companies/organizations will also be provided to students so as to enhance their practical experience and employability.
- Product Specialists in medical companies
- Healthcare Officers
- Medical Centre Administrators
- Health Information Management Officers
- Assistant Operations Officers
- Pharmaceutical Product Specialists
- Healthcare Research Officers
Graduates are eligible to apply for membership of the Hong Kong Management Association and Associateship of the Hong Kong College of Health Services Executives, and membership of the Hong Kong Nutrition Association as nutritionists.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Fundamental Health Care, Health Care Practice.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional Core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1415 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2022/23 is $3,125 per credit point for Year-1 entry and $3,125 per credit point for Year-3 entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.