Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Environmental Engineering and Management
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
DepartmentDepartment of Construction Technology and Engineering
Programme NameBachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Environmental Engineering and Management
Programme CodeST125102 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
JUPAS Catalogue No.JSSV06 (Application for subsidised places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors via JUPAS)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Part-time (Evening): 4 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Facility(ies)Environmental Engineering Laboratory
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Environmental Engineering and Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 12/000572/5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2022
This programme aims to provide comprehensive undergraduate education for secondary school graduates for pursuing a professional career in environmental engineering and management. The programme is vocationally oriented and it aims to equip students with the professional knowledge and skills to pursue careers as practising environmental engineers and to assume professional leadership roles to serve the manpower needs of the environmental industry. The programme has been developed in response to the demands of the industry and the community for environmental engineers to assess and control the environmental impact on infrastructure development and industrial activities, and to manage the environmental performance of enterprises in Hong Kong and Greater China. The programme provides extensive coverage of and multi-disciplinary perspectives on various environmental and sustainability issues, which includes water and wastewater treatment, air and noise pollution control, solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability development, energy efficiency and sustainable energies, environmental impact assessment, and environmental economic and project management. Graduates from this programme will be professionally competent as well as socially and globally responsible.
Graduates may be employed as assistant environmental engineers, environmental engineers, environmental officers, environmental managers, technical marketing and sales engineers, technical officers, project coordinators and project managers in various public and private sectors such as Government Departments, consultancy companies, construction companies, industrial manufacturers, utility companies, facilities and building management companies, waste treatment and recycling management service providers, non-government organisations and private corporations.
The Programme has been accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) and accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE).
Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
This programme is in the Government's Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). Please click here for more details. Admission to the subsidised places will be through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) while admission to the self-financed places can be made through VTC Web-based Admissions System.
JUPAS Catalogue No.: JSSV06
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For applying on the basis of the HKDSE results :
- Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject (if the elective subject is not Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Combined or Integrated Science, then Mathematics Extended Part (Module 1 or 2) must be at Level 2 or above); OR Equivalent.
- a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Automotive Technology, Aviation Studies, Building Facilities Engineering, Building Technology, Environmental Engineering, Electrical And Energy Engineering.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1479).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,700 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.