Bachelor of Science (Honours) Testing and Certification
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
DepartmentDepartment of Food and Health Sciences
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Testing and Certification
Programme CodeST125203 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Campus(es)/Venue(s)Programme core modules would be conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
- Chemical Testing and Certification Laboratory
- Food Processing Laboratory
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- Food Safety Laboratory
- Chinese Medicine Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Testing and Certification is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 17/000596/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2022
This programme aims to provide an integrated Testing & Certification (T&C) training to students, in order to equip them with the knowledge and practical skills to work in the complex and ever-changing environment of the T&C industry. It emphasizes on both scientific knowledge and practical skills in four important areas of T&C - integrated science, analytical science, testing technologies, quality control and management - which would allow the graduates to pursue a professional career in the T&C industry.
- Product Safety Engineers
- Quality Control Officers
- Quality Assurance Officers
- Petrochemicals Analysts
Graduates from this programme are eligible to apply for the Certified Testing Professional (CTP) by the Hong Kong Association for Testing, Inspection and Certification (HKTIC)
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Medical Laboratory Science.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1030 or Email: email@example.com).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2020/21 is $3,010 per credit point for Year-1 entry and $3,010 per credit point for Year-3 entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.