Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Digital Advertising
Faculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Design
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Digital Advertising
1. With effect from 2022/23 academic year, this new programme title “Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Digital Advertising" will be used. The programme title before 2022/23 academic year was "Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising".
- Application for self-financed places in Year-1 Entry via VTC Admission S6 Portal
- Application for self-financed places in Year-3 Entry via VTC Web-based Admission System
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Part-time (Evening): 3 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Digital Advertising is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 22/000375/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2027
This programme aims to cultivate students’ creativity and design thinking. Through an in-depth understanding of the theory and principle in advertising and the exploration of knowledge and application of digital advertising, students will be able to develop effective advertising solutions through the process of conducting research, analysis, implementation and evaluation. In additional to local market information, international elements would be also introduced to student through visiting or seminar for delivering the corporate information and practical knowledge taught by the speakers from the industry professionals. Practice makes perfect! We have a tight connection with industry practitioners for internship and we encourage students to excel their creativity through international competitions. Current students and alumni outshined in various local and international advertising competitions e.g. Red Dot Award, HK4As Kam Fan Student Awards.
Upon completing the programme, students will possess professional advertising skills with a strong marketing acumen and awareness of new media technologies which are essential requirements in conducting advertising campaigns, digital marketing, branding design, interactive and online advertising, as well as transmedia and graphic
communication design in the industry. They could be the next Creative Director, Brand Consultant and Designers.
Professional Body Engagement
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of :
- The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Designers Association
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Marketing in Global Trade, Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Commercial Comic Art, Infotainment Production, TV Infotainment Production, Radio Host and Programme Production, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Events Planning and Operation, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Introduction to Cantonese Opera, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Accounting in Practice, Public Relations and Communication, Business Data Analysis, Internet of Everything Application, Creative Advertising, Medical Laboratory Science, Railway Studies, Display and Jewellery Design, The Essentials of Theatre Arts, Film and Transmedia, Accounting for e-Business, Child Care and Development, Constructing Smart Cities, Digital Comic Design and Production, PR and Multimedia Communication, Data Application for Business, Airport Passenger Terminal Operations, Exercise and Fitness Coaching,Tech Basics, Popular Music Production, Digital Media and Radio Production, Food Innovation and Science, Rehabilitation Care Practice, eSports Technology, Applied Learning (Vocational English) – English for Service Professionals, Applied Learning (Vocational English) – English Communication, Digital Brand Communication, Multimedia Storytelling, AI in Business, AI and Robotics.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2023/24 is $3,175 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.