Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Public Relations and International Events Management (w.e.f. 1.9.2020)
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDepartment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management
Programmme CodeMH125108 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Chai Wan campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 20/000376/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2020 to 31/08/2025
Offers a unique programme tailored to the development of public relations specialists with a solid foundation in public relations, management, marketing and communications, and event management.
Graduates can pursue their careers in public relations, corporate communications, mass media advertising and marketing for profit and non-profit organisations. Employment opportunities include executive positions in but not limited to public relations, advertising, corporate communications, marketing, event management, media planning and buying, media sales and marketing, investor relations, publicists, customer relations, community relations, copywriting, translation and corporate brand management.
Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association Limited (PRPA), Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM), The Hong Kong Advertisers Association (HK2A) and Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM) accept our students as student members.
For Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
VTC Higher Diploma Through Train applicants click here
Associate Degree/Sub-degree holders in relevant disciplines, e.g. Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, Events Management, Marketing, and Business, can be considered for a Year-3 Entry applicant.
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3890 8222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2020/21 is $2,530 per credit point for both Year-1 Entry and Year-3 Entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.