Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Professional Accounting
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDeparment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Professional Accounting
Programme CodeMH125103 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) */ 1.5 or 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
*Year 1 Entry is not available in Academic Year 2019/20
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Chai Wan campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Professional Accounting is recognised
under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 14/002731/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2024
This programme aims to equip students with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in professional accounting that will prepare them to become competent accountants shortly after graduation, and to ultimately be able to assume managerial roles in professional accounting and related practices.
Students will be trained in the areas of accounting, finance, and corporate governance in a local, national or global context. The programme also develops students' sensitivity and creativity in accounting and management of corporate financial resources to meet the needs and development of the business environment in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Graduates are expected to take up entry-level positions in professional accounting firms and in business or government organizations such as audit, taxation or management trainees, and accounting officers. They shall be able to perform with short learning curves in the workplace and understand the strategic roles of business with managerial perspectives. After gaining sufficient work experience, they shall be ready for further progression to managerial roles in their fields as professional accountants or department managers.
Accredited accountancy degree programme by:
- The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA): under the Qualification Programme (QP); and
- CPA Australia: under the CPA Programme.
Accredited exemptions from:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for Papers F1 to F9; and
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Entrepreneurship for SME, Accounting in Practice.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3890 8222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2020/21 is $2,530 per credit point for both Year-1 Entry and Year-3 Entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.