Establishment of International Training Center in THEi Campus
This is a historic milestone for THEi on 4 March 2014.
THEi is being chosen by the United Nation as the host for setting up an international training center to train professionals in Transnational Supporting Engineering (TSE) from BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).
Ir. WAI Chi-sing, JP, Permanent Secretary for Development (Works) of the Development Bureau, HKSAR, Mr. WU Yugang, Deputy Director of CIFAL Shanghai, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Mr. NIU Shuguo, Director of Shanghai Internet Economy Consulting Center (SIECC), officiated in the opening ceremony of BRICS TSE Specialized Portfolios Engineering Investment and Management International Training Center in THEi Campus.
Ir. WAI Chi-sing, JP, Permanent Secretary for Development (Works) of the Development Bureau shared four essential elements for consideration in taking forward infrastructural projects, they are Safety, Sustainability (2S), Innovation and Integrity (2I). He said “These core values have transformed Hong Kong to an international city and will be entwined with our future development at all fronts. I believe the 2S and 2I will support BRICS in paving a more promising and prosperous future in infrastructural development in the long run.”
Mr. WU Yugang, Deputy Director of CIFAL Shanghai, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) expressed “Leverage on Hong Kong’s geographical advantage with international connectivity and strong pool of talent, I believe the training to professionals in TSE ensure the quality of Product and Commodity Network Trading Platform of BRICS countries.”
On behalf of United Nations Industrial Development Organisation and United Nations Global South-south Development Center, Mr. NIU Shuguo, Director of SIECC said “We are expecting this kind of training can be duplicated in other BRICS and developing countries, bringing more benefit to a wider population. We are also expecting the most enthusiastic involvement of high-level figures in capital world to this global course.”
TSE is set up by the Chinese Government accredited by UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization). The United Nations has the vision that there will be “no geographical boundary” for trading and logistic platforms among nations. The serial of training centers, first set up in the BRICS countries will start a new era of international trade standard and environment to realize a true globalization under the United Nations.
THEi-TSE will manifest the competence of vocational training at all levels. Locally, the training center provides an all win solution in line with the Policy Paper of the Chief Executive, the Hon. C Y Leung, released in February 2014. The training courses will cover all aspects of trade and business development, supported with expertise from sectors of engineering, sustainability, economics and finance in Hong Kong. The first session will begin in the upcoming months.
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) is a member of VTC Group. It offers vocationally-oriented degree programmes across three faculties: Design, Management and Hospitality, and Science and Technology. The programmes are offered in areas where the VTC has strengths, and which are also growth industries not only in Hong Kong but also across the region. They feature the synthesis of knowledge acquisition and practical applications that enable students to grow into professionally-competent graduates. With its strong links with industry partners, THEi provides students with a vital platform for enhanced development.
Distinguished Guests of the Opening Ceremony
- Ir. WAI Chi-sing, JP, Permanent Secretary for Development (Works), Development Bureau, HKSAR
- Mr. WANG Genxiang, Director of CIFAL Shanghai, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Mr. WU Yugang, Deputy Director of CIFAL Shanghai, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Mr. NIU Shuguo, Director of Shanghai Internet Economy Consulting Center (SIECC)
- Mr. XIE Yonghai, Vice President, Hong Kong Bank of China International Co. Ltd.
- Mrs. Carrie YAU, GBS JP, Executive Director, Vocational Training Council
- Professor Ronald CHUNG, Deputy Executive Director, Vocational Training Council
- Professor David LIM, President, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
- Mr. WU Zongye, Secretary General, International Organizing Committee of TSE
- Mr. HUANG Weicong, Vice Secretary General of TSE Special Capital International Alliance
- Mr. FENG Ge, Secretary General of 2014 BRICS TSE Special-Portfolio Engineering Explanation Session & International Organizing Committee
- Ms. XIE Hongmei, Vice Secretary General of TSE TSLMT International Allicance
- Mr. Zhang Yu, Chairman, Kelund Industry Group
- Mr. BAI Jiahui, Zavori Finanacial Group (Hong Kong)
- Mr. XIA Min, Vice Secretary General of International Organizing Committee of Explanation Session of TSE