Master of Engineering Management 碩士
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
Award Offered byUniversity of Technology Sydney
Programme NameMaster of Engineering Management
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of Study1 - 1.5 years, weekday evenings + weekends
Number of Modules8 modules* (*Applicants must have completed a recognised relevant bachelor’s degree in Engineering field.)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus
Application Deadline Application deadline for 2020 October Intake is 12 October 2020.
This programme is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
The Master of Engineering Management programme is offered by University of Technology Sydney & delivered in Hong Kong at THEi. It provides an opportunity for engineers, technical specialists and non-technical professionals to build and stretch their managerial skills and integrate their business and technical knowledge. The MEM has been specifically designed to emphasise the interface between technology and management. The integration of carefully tailored coursework and an independent project delivers graduates who understand the professional, societal and environmental context and have developed a range of management and engineering capabilities to respond to it.
- Access a global network of professional engineering managers
- Enrich portfolio with advanced management skills tailored for engineering industry
- Study an Australian master degree in Hong Kong
- Taught by faculty staff of University of Technology Sydney and THEi lecturers
- UTS Library website provides resources including journal articles and publications
- UTSOnline provides online support and learning materials
Why study engineering with the University of Technology Sydney (UTS)?
- Enrolled more than 45,000 students in 2018
- Offers over 130 undergraduate and 210 postgraduate courses
- Top 150 universities globally in QS World University Ranking 2019
- 10th in 'Top 50 under 50 years of age' 2019
Engineering and applied science jobs are becoming increasingly multidisciplinary. Knowledge and skills in technical management gained from completing the MEM may assist in obtaining a high-quality engineering or engineering management position. The MEM program provides an opportunity for those who aspire to excellence to challenge themselves at the master’s level, deepen their skills and knowledge and gain a competitive edge in the industry.
Applicants must have completed a recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
English Language Admission requirements
Applicants whose tertiary education was conducted in a language other than English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. The most effective way of doing this is by obtaining a satisfactory result in a recognised English test. UTS accepts the results from the below tests:
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall with a 6.0 in the writing section
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 79-93 overall with 21 in the writing section
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 176-184
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 58-64
Also acceptable are:
- A result of 4 or above in the core subject English in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination
- Evidence of successful completion of at least 12 months full-time study at a recognised university where all classes were conducted in English.
HK$96,000 for the whole course (8 modules)
Please submit completed application form and copies of relevant documents including official academic transcripts and statements of completion by one of the following methods:
Please mail to address:
Rm 315, FST/THEi,
20A Tsing Yi Road, Tsing Yi Island, New Territories
Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also come with the true copies of relevant documents to Registry Office in Tsing Yi or Chai Wan Campus, THEi
Application Fee amount HK$300: