The Power of AI in Education and the Workplace: Navigating the Future Together
The Third Professional Development Symposium organised by the School of General Education and Languages of the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong invites submissions for paper presentations on the theme of AI applications and ethics in education and the workplace. Entitled The Power of AI in Education and the Workplace: Navigating the Future Together, this year’s symposium aims to facilitate critical and constructive conversations between educators, students, and industry experts on the current and future state of AI in education and the workplace and on its ethical and societal implications.
The symposium will be held on 27 June 2023 in hybrid mode.
We welcome submissions from researchers, industry practitioners, teachers and students, who are encouraged to share their work and insights on the following related strands:
- Applications: This strand invites submissions that explore the practical applications of AI in education and the workplace.
- Ethics: This strand invites submissions that address ethical considerations related to the integration of AI in education and the workplace, including but not limited to issues of privacy, equity, and bias.
Each presentation will be 25 minutes, including Q&A.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words and should clearly state the objective and focus of the proposed presentation.
- Please include a 50-word bio.
- Abstracts and bios should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submission is 20 April 2023.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 5 May 2023.
We look forward to receiving submissions from a diverse group of individuals and to fostering dynamic and cross-disciplinary conversations at the symposium on the future of education and the workplace.
Symposium Organising Committee:
Svetlana Chigaeva-Heddad, Chair, School of General Education and Languages
Pansy Cheung, School of General Education and Languages
Oiver Marpole, School of General Education and Languages
Annie Kong, Applied Research and Technology Transfer
Eve Chan, Faculty of Design and Environment
Emily Choi, Faculty of Science and Technology
Sonic Yang, Faculty of Management and Hospitality
Piers Kuan, Hong Kong Nang Yan College of Higher Education