Applicants (holding HKDSE, HKALE , other local and non-local qualifications) may apply for admission to our full-time Degree Programmes through the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”. Applicants will be invited to attend on-site interviews. Successful applicants will be notified of the offer results on the day of interview.
Date and Time
10 July (Wednesday) to 12 July (Friday)
13 July (Saturday) to 14 July (Sunday)
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
THEi offers 9 vocationally and professionally oriented degree programmes on a self-financing basis in Academic Year 2019/20 for students.
|Faculty of Design and Environment||Faculty of Management and Hospitality||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Bachelor of Science (Honours) Chinese Medicinal Pharmacy *|
* These programmes are newly offered in Academic Year 2019/20.
Applicants may join the “VTC Central Admission Scheme” IN PERSON at any of the following Central Admission Centres:
Central Admission Centre
Kowloon and New Territories:
|IVE (Haking Wong)||702 Lai Chi Kok Road, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon|
|IVE (Kwai Chung)||20 Hing Shing Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories|
|IVE (Kwun Tong)||25 Hiu Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon|
|IVE (Sha Tin)||21 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories|
|IVE (Tsing Yi)||20 Tsing Yi Road, Tsing Yi Island, New Territories|
|IVE (Tuen Mun)||18 Tsing Wun Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories|
|HKDI & IVE (Lee Wai Lee)||3 King Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories|
Hong Kong Island:
|THEi (Chai Wan)||133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong|
|IVE (Chai Wan)||30 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong|
|IVE (Morrison Hill)||6 Oi Kwan Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
General Entrance Requirements for Degree Programmes
- Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND
- Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject or an Applied Learning (ApL) Subject; OR
- Some programmes may have other specific entrance requirements. Please refer to VTC Admissions Homepage for the entrance requirements of programmes before submitting the application.
- Offering of study place is subject to the applicants’ academic qualifications, interview performance, test performance (if applicable), other learning experience and achievements, and availability of study places.
- Applicants will only be given one study place through the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”, any change or cancellation of offer given, or to apply for other programmes is NOT allowed before the registration deadline.
- Applicants are required to submit a relevant form IN PERSON and attend on-site interviews at the “VTC Central Admission Scheme” venue.
- Applicants are required to bring along :
- Hong Kong Identity Card
- The originals and copies of academic qualifications, e.g. result slips of HKDSE
- 2nd term result slip / testimonial showing completion of Secondary 6 study
- Student Learning Profile, and related supporting documents
- Other relevant academic qualifications (if applicable)
- Applicants will only be given one study place through the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”, any change or cancellation of the offer given, or to apply for other programmes is NOT allowed before the registration deadline.
- Throughout the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”, eligible applicants who do not have any offer may apply again for admission for programmes with available study places.
- To join the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”, applicants who have not yet submitted an application through the VTC Web-based Admissions System are required to complete the late application procedures at the “Central Admission Centre”, which include paying an application fee of HK$300 (cash only).
- Applicants may choose a maximum of 6 programmes, which may include a maximum of 2 degree programmes.
- Each applicant can only register a study place of one full-time programme.
- Applicants are required to complete registration IN PERSON at the offering campus before the deadline, which include paying a registration fee of HK$5,000 (by ATM / at the bank of East Asia / e-Banking services / EPS / cheque / cash, etc.):
|“Firm Offer” given on 18 June (Tuesday)||8 July (Monday) 5:00 p.m.|
|“Firm Offer” converted and being indicate accepted on 10 July (Wednesday)||15 July (Monday) 12:00 noon|
|Offer given through “Central Admission Scheme”||15 July (Monday) 12:00 noon|
- Failure to complete registration IN PERSON at the offering campus and pay the registration fee before the stipulated deadlines will render the study place offered null and void.
- Provision of any false or misleading information in the application will lead to disqualification without notice and cancellation of any resultant registration. Any fees paid will not be refunded.
- Any fees paid are normally not refundable unless the programme is cancelled. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant. Details will be announced on VTC Admissions Homepage.
After the “VTC Central Admission Scheme”, applicants who do not have any offer can apply for programmes which have available study places. Details will be announced on VTC Admissions Homepage in due course.
For degree programmes, classes will commence on 2 September, 2019 (Monday).
For more information, please click here.