Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and Management
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDepartment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and Management
Programmme CodeMH125105 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Chai Wan campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 15/000747/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 to 31/08/2020
This Programme aims to enable students to develop into public relations specialists with a solid foundation in public relations and reputation management abilities, supplemented by competence in marketing and management skills, to serve the manpower needs of the local and regional public relations industry.
Graduates can pursue their careers in public relations, corporate communications, mass media advertising and marketing for profit and non-profit organisations. Employment opportunities include executive positions in, but not limited to public relations, advertising, corporate communications, marketing, media planning and buying, media sales and marketing, investor relations, publicists, customer relations, community relations, copywriting, translation and corporate brand management.
Professional accreditation will be sought from Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association Limited (PRPA), and Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) as well as recognition from overseas bodies. Students can be admitted to HKIM and PRPA as student members.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
You may also refer to the General Entrance Requirements for more infromation.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Public Relations and Advertising, Marketing in Global Trade, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Events Planning and Operation, Image Design, Applied Business Research, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Financial Markets and Operations, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Exercise Science and Health Fitness, Electrical and Energy Engineering, Computer Forensic Technology, Film and Video, Accounting in Practice, Pâtisserie and Café Operations, Animal Care, Jewellery and Accessories Design and Practical Psychology.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3890 8222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,250 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.