Bachelor of Science (Honours) Multimedia Technology and Innovation
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
DepartmentDepartment of Innovation and Information Technology
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation
Programme CodeST125301 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
JUPAS Catalogue No.JSSV11 (Application for subsidised places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors via JUPAS)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 14/002691/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2019
This programme focus on emerging multimedia technologies and the creative process in a commercial and social context that is relevant to a career in the multimedia industry. It also emphasises on intellectual and creative development through the application of technology, computer systems and design to produce innovative multimedia solutions. The industry-focused approach nurtures a new generation of multimedia professionals with strong technology knowledge with awareness in the art, design, cultural, social and commercial context.
Graduates will be employed as multimedia programmers, multimedia designers, game designers, user experience designers and new media artists in the creative industry. With more experience, they can advance to managerial positions such as project managers, technical directors and creative directors.
Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
This programme is in the Government's Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). Please click here for more details. Admission to the subsidised places will be through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) while admission to the self-financed places can be made through VTC Web-based Admissions System.
JUPAS Catalogue No.: JSSV11
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An “Attained” and an “Attained with Distinction” in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at “Level 2” and “Level 3” respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include : Computer Game and Animation Design, Interior Design.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1480).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,700 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.