Bachelor of Science (Honours) Information and Communications Technology
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Information and Communications Technology
Programme Code – For Year 1 Entry and Year 3 EntryDS125109 (Application for self-financed places via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Part-time (Evening): 4 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information and Communications Technology
This programme aims to provide students with the conceptual and technological knowledge for data and software engineering as well as network development. Emphasis is on integration of theoretical knowledge with practical skills on implementing applications. Graduates will be able to apply proven principles and techniques to the development and support of computer systems. A distinguishing feature of the programme is that it will enhance students' abilities and competence to meet the needs of the fast-growing information and communications technology industry in Hong Kong.
Graduates will be employed as Software Developers, Network Engineers, Data Analysts, AI Engineers, Security Engineers, Game Software Developers, Mobile and Web Application Programmers, rising to challenging prospects such as ICT Project Managers, Data Scientists, Security Consultants/Managers, Game Software Technical Officers, Internetworking Administrators and other managerial positions.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2021/22 is $2,600 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.