Bachelor of Science (Honours) Health Care
Remarks: With effect from 2021/22 academic year, the new programme title “Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nutrition and Healthcare Management” will be used. Please click here for details.
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care
Programme CodeST125201 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules would be conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
- Simulated Ward
- Dispensing Training Centre
- Health Science Laboratory
- Rehabilitation Centre
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 13/000170/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2023
The programme aims to train a new breed of healthcare administrators and nutritionists for the rapidly expanding healthcare industry. It covers a wide range of subjects in the foundation studies, including infection control, patient care, geriatric care, etc. Starting from Year 3, the programme will be divided into specialist streams in ‘Health Administration’ and ‘Nutrition and Health’. Internship opportunities in healthcare institutions will also be provided to students for them to gain practical experience and enhance their employability.
- Product Specialists in medical companies
- Healthcare Officers
- Medical Centre Administrators
- Health Information Management Officers
- Assistant Operations Officers
- Pharmaceutical Product Specialists
- Healthcare Research Officers
- Graduates of Health Administration Stream are eligible to apply for membership of Hong Kong Management Association; and Associates of Hong Kong College of Health Services Executives.
- Graduates of Nutrition and Health Stream are eligible to apply for membership of Qualified Nutritionists under Hong Kong Nutrition Association.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Fundamental Health Care, Health Care Practice.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional Core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1415 or Email: email@example.com).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2021/22 is $3,120 per credit point for Year-1 entry and $3,120 per credit point for Year-3 entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.