Bachelor of Science (Honours) Health Care
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
DepartmentDepartment of Food and Health Sciences
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care
Programme CodeST125201 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 13/000170/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2023
The programme aims to train a new breed of healthcare administrators and nutritionists for the rapidly expanding healthcare industry. It covers a wide range of subjects in the foundation studies, including infection control, patient care, geriatric care, etc. Starting from Year 3, the programme will be divided into specialist streams in ‘Health Administration’ and ‘Nutrition and Health’. Internship opportunities in healthcare institutions will also be provided to students for them to gain practical experience and enhance their employability.
Graduates will be able to hold administrative posts in government, subverted or private medical or healthcare institutions, or serve as project officer in rehabilitation centres or wellness and nutrition business organizations. After gaining sufficient work experience, they can be promoted to the management level.
With the continuing trend of aging of Hong Kong’s population, coupled with the construction or commissioning of Kai Tak Children’s Hospital, Tin Shui Wai Hospital and Wong Chuk Hang Hospital and expansion of service by many major hospitals, there is a huge demand for healthcare personnel and specialists. The industry not only provides lots of job positions to graduates of this programme, practitioners can have the opportunities of upward mobility in their career.
- Graduates of Health Administration Stream are eligible to apply for membership of Hong Kong Management Association; and Associates of Hong Kong College of Health Services Executives.
- Graduates of Nutrition and Health Stream are eligible to apply for membership of Hong Kong Nutrition Association.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Bridging modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1425).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2019/20 is $2,965 per credit point for Year-1 entry and $2,965 per credit point for Year-3 entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.