In AY 2022/23, THEi accepts applications for Spring Semester from both Local and Non-local students for admission to the following programmes:
Faculty of Management and Hospitality
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hotel Operations Management (Year-3 Entry)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management (Year-3 Entry)
For details of the programmes, please click on the above links to visit their websites.
Application information and general entrance requirements of the above programmes are given below:
General Entrance Requirements
- Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional Core Modules are required for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants for Year-3 Entry are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
The Spring Semester begins on 30 January 2023. Interested applicants should complete the application procedure within the following application periods:
- Local Applicants: from 12 October 2022 to 30 December 2022
- Non-local Applicants: from 12 October 2022 to 18 November 2022
Please download the Information Kit to observe the application procedure and relevant important details, and submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above stipulated deadlines. Late and incomplete submissions may not be processed:
Applicants are not required to pay application fee for Year-3 Entry application.
- Tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken in a semester.
- For details of the tuition fees, please refer to the programme websites as provided above.
- Tuition fees are subject to annual review. Additional Core Modules may be required prior to commencement or during Year 3 study.
- Additional tuition fees will be charged according to the number of credit points taken, if any.
Scholarships & Awards
THEi has set up an "Entrance Scholarship Scheme"1 for new students who enrol in designated degree programmes with outstanding results in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE), the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or other sub-degree studies. The scheme offers scholarships of up to full scholarship for HK$ 40,000 (for Year 3 Entry).
Entrance Scholarship for Self-financing Degree Programmes (for Year-3 Entry Students) (for AY2022/23 Spring Intake)
- Eligible students will receive notifications from the Institute and may be required to provide relevant information or attend an interview. No application is required. Students who are awarded with the Full Scholarship will not be eligible to other Entrance Scholarships offered by the same THEi programme.
- The criteria of scholarship are subject to annual review. Other achievements such as music, sports, leadership, community services and other extra-curricular activities may be considered. Awardees have to fulfill other conditions as set by the Selection Committee, which include undertaking to study at the Institute for the entire academic year. THEi reserves the rights to adjust the selection criteria in each academic year. The decision of the Selection Committee and THEi on the scholarship schemes is final.
- Entrance scholarships are only applicable to new students who are admitted to THEi degree programmmes for the first time. Students will not be eligible for any entrance scholarship if they are readmitted to the same or another THEi programme for whatever reasons.
- The results of the four core subjects, namely Chinese Language (A010), English Language (A020), Mathematics – Compulsory Part (A030) and Liberal Studies (A040) must have been included in the calculation of HKDSE score. The fifth subject will be the best subject you have attained in the remaining HKDSE subject(s). The Extended Mathematics modules will not be taken into account for scholarship consideration.
- Awardees of Full Scholarship have to fulfill other renewal conditions as set by the Selection Committee, which include requiring the awardees to:
- Undertake to study at the Institute for at least one academic year in each academic year, i.e. Semester Two, Academic Year 2022/23 and Semester One, Academic Year 2023/24; and
- Remain in the same programme, rather than transfer or readmit to the same or another programme during the study period; and
- Take a minimum study load of 30 credit points in each academic year (the credit points obtained by way of credit transfer/module exemption are excluded.).
- Awardee of the Full Scholarship who meets the renewal condition is not eligible to receive the Scholarship for Excellent Performance of the same academic year.
- In Spring Intake of Academic Year 2022/23, the designated degree programmes for Entrance Scholarship include:
- MH125104 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hotel Operations Management (Year-3 Entry)
- MH125108 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management (Year-3 Entry)
- Verification of the academic results and/ or qualifications is required before the disbursement of the scholarship awards to the awardees. Awardees will be notified of the arrangement in due course.
- Awardees have to fulfill other conditions as set by the Selection Committee, which include undertaking to study at the Institute for one year; i.e. Semester Two, Academic Year 2022/23 and Semester One, Academic Year 2023/24. THEi reserves the rights to adjust the selection criteria in each academic year. The decision of the Selection Committee and THEi on the scholarship schemes is final.
THEi has also set up the "Scholarship for Excellent Performance" for progressing students with value up to HK$40,000 in recognition of their excellent academic achievements in THEi.
|Institute / Campus||Address||Telephone No.||Fax No.|
|THEi||Faculty of Management and Hospitality
12/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
|3890 8222||3890 email@example.com|
Registry (THEi Chai Wan Campus)
|3890 8000||3890 firstname.lastname@example.org|